Friday, February 1, 2013

Day #1.............

Wow!

That is what I have to say about today!  I am so humbled by God giving me this idea, and allowing me to be a part of such an amazing experience! 

For my first day of RAOK, I have completed 2 acts. 

My first one was at the car wash.  I was able to pay for a car wash for a gentleman.  Simple, but so gratifying to see the smile on his face as the attendant handed him my card to explain WHY I paid for his car wash. 

 I was so excited that I was able to complete RAOK #1!

I made sure to get some cards made so that everyone that I came into contact with could visit this blog to see the WHAT and WHY behind these acts!  Love the cards!


                                                                       So special!





Next stop was the Ronald McDonald House.  I have to say that this charity is very near and dear to my heart!  I have personally been blessed by this organization as my children were all born prematurely and we were able to stay at the house.  This is an amazing charity that gives back to the community in so many ways.  It truly is a home away from home for parents and children that need to be ministered to during times of sickness or extended care.  If you do not know about this amazing place, I highly recommend for you to check it out and consider being a volunteer!  What a blessing it is to be around the kids and parents!  Visit their website at: 
Ronald McDonald House-Jacksonville

Tonight, I (along with my daughter, Mackenzie and friend, Catie) was able to cook dinner for about 60 people. These families have been at doctor's visits, or perhaps been at the hospital all day and are able to come to the house and get a home cooked meal every night of the week.  It is through awesome volunteers that this is able to take place.  I know the feeling of having a home cooked meal at my own house, but when you are dealing with an illness of a child, it becomes even more special. 
 Talking with some of the parents and children melts your heart.  What trials some are facing!  I ask those that are reading this to be in prayer for The Ronald McDonald House and all of it's visitors and volunteers.  They also have some pretty amazing staff that works at the House. :o)  I want to give a big thanks to Sandy Asher for helping me to organize and giving me the opportunity to cook.  I also want to say thank you to Carol Harrison for your sweet spirit and kindness as well.  You ladies truly know what it means to have a servant's heart!  Michelle, at the front desk, I wish you the best in your future endeavors......and let me say YOU ROCK!  

What a blessing this first day was!  I cannot wait to watch God work in the next 9 days!  Keep watching for more updates! 

I want to give a special thank you to Mackenzie and Catie.......you are seriously a blessing to me and I wouldn't have been able to do this without you!  I love you both!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment