Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 2 & 3........

It has been an amazing couple of days.  I have been blessed so much! I have been able to complete a few more RAOK, and it just keeps getting better!



On Saturday, I had an opportunity to mark another RAOK of my list.  I wanted to give someone a $38 tip.  I believe that people that serve others in the restaurant industry work hard and rarely receive the tips that they truly deserve.  I didn't stay to see her face when she saw the tip, but I know that I would have been thrilled! She was a great waitress, and I hope that she is able to use the money for whatever she sees a need for.


 I also did another act that didn't cost me anything but time.  I put up shopping carts in the BJ's parking lot.  Seems simple and petty, but I would imagine that for the people who have to gather them up on a normal day, it may have been pretty significant!  

Some of the acts that I wanted to make sure I did was for my church, The Point Community Church .         
I believe that I am a blessed woman and I have the blessing of going to a church that truly cares for people.  The motto of our church is "Mission First, People Always, Ministry Forever."  In order for a church to the way that God intended, people have to step up and be the hands and feet of Jesus.  Everyone is called to use the gifts that God has given them.  As a way to really not put the focus on me in this project, I don't want to specifically name the acts that I have done or will be doing for my church.  I just want people to know that they are capable of the same things as I.  I am not special in any way.  I have just been obedient to God's asking. 

I have a specific date for the blood drive as well.  It is scheduled for Saturday, February 9 from 2-5 pm at my house.  The blood mobile will be in my cul-de-sac.  If you are willing to donate, please leave me a comment or send me a facebook message letting me know. 

I am looking forward to the rest of the week! 

Blessings!












No comments:

Post a Comment