Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It is more blessed...........

Acts 20:35
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
35 In every way I’ve shown you that by laboring like this, it is necessary to help the weak and to keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, for He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

I can certainly attest to this scripture. I have been so incredibly blessed by this project!

When God laid this project on my heart, I knew that it would be a life changer, but I didn't realize the magnitude in which it would do so!

We have heard these words for most of our lives.  I have had opportunities to feel exactly how these words can ring true many times, but never as I have over the last few days. 

I have had some truly amazing experiences and am so humbled that God would allow me to participate in His work. 

As to not put the focus on me, I want everyone to remember that I am doing all of this not because I am a great person with a great idea, but I have chosen to be obedient to what the Holy Spirit has led me to do.  All of the ideas, money and opportunities have been orchestrated by God. 

To give a brief rundown on some of the other acts that I have been able to be a part of are:

*Donating 38 canned goods to the Salvation Army church for their food pantry.
*Giving a woman in Winn-Dixie a gift card to help pay for her groceries.  She had her hands full with 3 small children, and seemed like she needed a pick-me-up.
*Going to Starbucks and giving 2 people a gift card.  I loved one of the ladies reactions as I handed it to her, she said, "Are you sure?"  People always think that there is a string attached, and it is so rewarding to give without any expectations behind it!
*Paying for someone behind me in line at Krystal's drive-thru.
*Paying for someone behind me at Burger King
*Doing a gift basket for my oldest daughter's bus driver
*Doing a gift basket for my middle daughter's teacher
*Doing a gift basket for my son's teacher
*Getting a group of people together to donate blood to the Florida Georgia Blood Alliance all together, we had a group of 11 people go to donate in the Orange Park area, and some in the Starke/Gainesville area. 
*Sharing Christ and His love for me.  Letting people know how my life has changed since He took control. 
*Preparing a meal for our Starke Family Group for our Church
*Preparing a meal for our Southside Family Group for our Church
*Preparing a meal for my Pastor and his wife
*Preparing a meal for a family that was introduced by a sweet friend.  During this visit, God was so real and apparent to me.  I believe that we are exactly where we need to be when we need to be there!
*Preparing a meal for a sweet friend that had a rough week.

All of these acts left me feeling so blessed and thankful to be used in the name of God! 

As I was driving the other day, I know that God was speaking to me, telling me that I was not done with this project.  Although I initially thought that it would be a 10 day project, I believe that I will keep it going my whole 38th year!  I have been blessed and can't imagine stopping! I will continue this project at least until December 31! 

Continue to pray for me as I continue to look for ways to minister to others.  People need the Lord and they often need to see the hands and feet of God working in order to believe that there is something that is bigger than themselves. I pray that people see that God loves them and wants to know them more!

Thank you so much for the continued prayers and sweet comments.  I am a blessed woman!

Let me know if you have any ideas for more footprints!

Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment